It is a complex of medieval fortifications of Bydgoszcz, built from the beginning of the 15th century, later destroyed and mostly demolished in the 19th century.
Tower no. 5 is the only tower in Bydgoszcz preserved to the present day. It was built of gothic bricks laid in a regular Polish plot. Repaired many times, it received its final form in 1948-1949. The entrance from the moat was re-erected and the stairs leading from the sidewalk of the defensive wall were recreated.